Why Tri Delta?
Becoming a Tri Delta is a life-changing experience filled with new friends, responsibilities and exciting character-building opportunities.
Tri Delta is an organization founded by women to provide opportunities for women to live, learn and lead...with Purpose, for a lifetime. Today, over 16,000 collegians and 200,000 alumnae make up our amazing network of sisters.
Tri Delta Points of Pride:
- Tri Delta was the first women’s fraternity to be founded as a national organization with complete plans for governmental structure and expansion.
- Tri Delta was a founding member of the National Panhellenic Conference, along with seven other organizations.
- Tri Delta was the first National Panhellenic Conference organization to establish a non-discrimination policy.
- Tri Delta was the first women’s fraternity to hold a national leadership school.
- Tri Delta is the only organization to have a national Greek-letter mother’s sorority, Tri Psi.
Throughout my time spent at the University of Kentucky, I have gained so many wonderful memories and experiences. While going through recruitment week, I had no idea what to expect because I did not know many people from my hometown that would also be attending UK. Going from house to house was so nerve-racking, and although I did not know anyone in Tri Delta, it was where I felt most at home. As the year went by, I grew to feel comfortable enough to express my emotions and personality at full force towards all my sorority sisters, and soon began to build relationships with them that I did not think was possible. It's funny to think that you can go your whole life with the same friends and truly think no other person will ever compare, yet in just a few short weeks I met the most amazing girls that I shared so many of the same interests with that I can honestly say will be my life long friends. Tri Delta has provided me with so many amazing opportunities this past year and I can only hope that the remaining three years will be as memorable. I could not be more grateful to have joined Tri Delta and I know that the best is yet to come! If it wasn't for my joining of this sorority, I think my life would have have been totally different. It scares me to imagine my life without the support and company of the friends I have made here.